YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US
Protecting the trust of customers and any personal information you provide to us is very important to Ar-raafee Group. Ar-raafee is committed to protecting your privacy in all your dealings with us. Ar-raafee is bound by the Pakistani Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1982 and any other relevant privacy legislation.
References to legislation includes any subordinate legislation, by-law, regulation, order, statutory instrument or determination made under it, any re-enactment of, or amendment to, that legislation and all legislation passed in substitution for that legislation.
This Policy outlines how your personal information is treated and forms part of our terms and conditions. This policy explains:
- what information we collect
- how we collect your information
- how we use your information
- how and with whom we share your information
- how long we keep your information and how it is stored
- how we secure your personal information
- our approach to sensitive personal information
- the rights you may have in relation to your personal information
- how we communicate changes to this Policy
This Site is operated by Ar-raafee Group itself. For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, Ar-raafee Group is the controller of the personal information collected.
The types of personal information we collect The personal information we collect may include:
- your name, contact details, billing and delivery details
- details, such as gender and date of birth, as supplied by you
- history of your past purchases from Ar-raafee over time
- details from your CV and your employment history, if you apply for a job with us
- other information supplied by you – including, but not limited to photos or videos, in response to direct questions asked or when you rate and review a Ar-raafee product, or when you engage with us through any social media channels
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU?
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU VISIT THE AR-RAAFEE WEBSITE (“SITE”)
We will collect personal information that you provide to us when you:
- fill in forms on our Site, for example to leave feedback, enter a competition or respond to a survey; rate and review products with or without photos and/or videos
- subscribe to our mailing list
- We will also collect certain information automatically when you visit our Site, in particular:
- we record details of the resources that you access to visit our site (for example, URL addresses, traffic data etc.)
- we record information about the type of device you have used to visit our Site, your device settings and the cause of any system errors. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have further details on what information your device makes available
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU CONTACT US
We will collect personal information about you when you contact us by telephone, email, or via social media, or when your supply feedback or ratings and reviews.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT IF YOU APPLY FOR A JOB WITH US
You may be able to apply for a job with us through our Site, in-store or through third party websites such as LinkedIn or recruitment companies.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will use your information in the following ways –
1. FOR THE PERFORMANCE OF A CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND US:
- to fulfil any order that you place with us
- to collect payment from you
- to provide you with a receipt, if you ask us to send this to you electronically
- to protect and defend our legal rights and interests
2. WHERE WE HAVE A LEGITIMATE INTEREST IN USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- to administer and monitor our Site, including to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device and to allow you to participate in interactive features when you choose to
- to analyse any feedback that you provide on our services and to improve our services
- to administer competitions that you have entered
- to review and assess any job application that you submit to us
- to remind you that you have items in your basket or that a transaction is incomplete (this is recorded through the use of a cookie file).
4. IF YOU HAVE CONSENTED TO RECEIVE MARKETING INFORMATION FROM US, WE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
- we will process details of your previous transactions and contact you by email with information about goods and services similar to the merchandise you have purchased (however we never store your payment details)
- if you have consented to us doing so, we will share your information internally within IT team in order to send you tailored offers or other information we believe will be of interest
- if you provide your mobile telephone number and if you have consented for us to do so, we may contact you with marketing messages which have been tailored to match your preferences
- You have the option to unsubscribe from our e-mails through a link at the bottom of every email we send to you.
- You have an option to unsubscribe from our SMS messages by sending the word ‘STOP’ to the number specified in the SMS message or clicking on the link provided in the SMS message, or by clicking on the ‘Update Preferences’ link found at the footer of all marketing email messages from Ar-raafee Group.
If you want to change the details that you have registered online with us, or would like to amend your subscription preferences please click on the ‘Update Preferences’ link found at the footer of all marketing email messages from Ar-raafee Group. If you wish to unsubscribe altogether, please click on the ‘One-Click Unsubscribe’ link at the footer of all marketing email messages from Ar-raafee. If you do not supply the personal information we request from you, we may not be able to complete your transaction, deliver your purchases, provide you with the information you have requested, accept your entry into any promotion or competition, or consider your job application.
HOW AND WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- We share your information with our core service providers and third party platforms as required for our business to function; for example, to PAK Post and FEDEX etc. who assist us with fulfilling deliveries and the third parties we engage to provide IT systems support. Some of these service providers and third parties may have servers, or are located in countries other than PAKISTAN, including in Asia, USA, UK and Europe.
- If you choose to provide feedback on your transaction, we will share your information with Feedbackify, a third party feedback site who will capture your feedback on transactions which we use to enhance our customer service.
- If you choose to provide ratings and/or reviews we will share these with Bazaarvoice, a third party ratings and reviews site who will capture your ratings, reviews, photos and videos, which we use to enhance our customer service and offering to other customers.
- Your information may be processed by a third party in order to maintain the functionality of our website and database.
- Whilst you are a member of our mailing list we may share your information with trusted non-core service providers, such as marketing partners we have carefully selected to deliver incentives to participate in offers, polls, surveys, analysis or research, all of which assist us in enhancing our services. They are not permitted to use your information after you unsubscribe.
- We also use services offered by Google, Facebook, Instagram and other similar social media platforms to better tailor our marketing communications and for targeted advertising. As part of this process, some personal information, such as your email address, is provided to the relevant third party, however for security purposes this data is “hashed” prior to being shared. Hashing is a process of identity masking or “pseudonymisation” which means we do not disclose your email but are able to link your social media presence and our website.
- Where we collect personal information in the course of carrying on business we will only transmit your personal information to persons in countries other than Pakistan if we believe those persons are subject to privacy laws that provide comparable safeguards to applicable legislation or those persons are required to protect the personal information in a way that provides comparable safeguards to applicable legislation.
- If you would like more information about how your personal information may be transmitted, please contact at email@example.com
- We receive insights from Facebook about the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns which you experience on our website and social channels, which helps to better target our advertising.
- Every external company we work with has a contract with us which clearly sets out our expectations and requirements in handling personal information and obligates them to meet the appropriate privacy legislation requirements.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We retain the information you provide for the following periods:
- for as long as you subscribe to receive marketing information
- in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reports and trend analysis
- for as long as Ar-Raafee is otherwise required to retain it by law
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Your information may be processed by our employees or by the employees of our service providers or third parties, to the extent necessary to fulfil your order. We will keep the data which we collect from you on a secure server. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access and require our service providers to do the same.
HOW WE SECURE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Ar-raafee Group stores and holds Information electronically and/or in hard copy. We will take reasonable steps to store and hold your personal information in a secure and restricted manner and to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access to your personal information is limited to those individuals who require such access in order to perform their duties and responsibilities. Any personal information held by a third party storage provider is done so under strict contractual obligations of confidentiality and non-disclosure.
Ar-raafee has the necessary technical and organisational security measures in place, as are appropriate, and these security measures ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk that may arise in the processing of your personal information.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM OUR CUSTOMERS
We do not seek to collect sensitive personal information (i.e. information relating to race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual orientation or criminal records). We ask that you do not provide such information to us.
Sensitive personal information from our employees and prospective job applicants
The special personal information relating to our employees or prospective job applicants will be safeguarded and any processing of this information will be regulated to ensure the protection thereof. Ar-raafee undertakes to keep confidential all employees and prospective job applicants special personal information and limit disclosure to only those Ar-raafee employees and third party providers with a legitimate need to know this information or where they are required to access and process this information due to operational requirements.
RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE
Ar-Raafee will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information up-to-date, complete and accurate and may, from time to time, ask you to update your details. However we encourage you to update your own details as often as possible.
You may have certain rights in relation to personal information that we hold about you. Except provided below these include the right to request access to your personal information, to request that it is erased, that its processing is restricted, or that any inaccurate personal information is rectified. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information (i.e. withdrawing your consent, which you can do at any time), or in some circumstances to obtain a copy of the personal information in a machine readable format (we may ask for proof of identification before supplying you with the personal information). If we deny access to your personal information, we will tell you why. You also have the right to complain about the use of your personal information to the relevant Data Protection Authority.
Where we collect your personal information in the course of carrying on business you have the right to request access to your personal information and the right to request that any inaccurate personal information is rectified but you do not have the other rights mentioned above.
Please contact our Privacy Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to make a request or if you have any privacy-related queries or complaints.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy, and if the changes are significant, we may provide you with additional notice such as adding a statement to the homepage of the Site or sending you an email with the update. Please check this Policy regularly to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
If you have any questions about the Policy and practices of this site, you can contact us at email@example.com